Last Updated: Januar 12, 2015
Cultrix Media (“Cultrix Media”, “we”) is committed to protecting your privacy. The following policy describes how we collect, store, use and distribute information via our website, www.cultrixmedia.com (the “Website”) and about Cultrix Media Service users.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information.
Information we collect
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users – from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like which content you’ll find most useful or how your readers engage in your content.
Information you give us
For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an Cultrix Media Account. When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card.
Information we get from your use of our Service
We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when an Cultrix Media Customer’s User Content (“User Content”). This information includes:
- Device information – We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Cultrix Media may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your various Accounts.
- Log information – When you use our services or view content provided by Cultrix Media, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries.
- Internet protocol address.
- device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL.
- cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your Cultrix Media Account or User Content.
- Location information – When you use a location-enabled Cultrix Media service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers – Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Cultrix Media when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage – We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect from all of our services to provide, maintain, protect and improve them, to develop new ones, and to protect Cultrix Media and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content within some of our Services.
We may use the name you provide for your Cultrix Media profile across all of the services we offer that require an Cultrix Media Account. When you contact Cultrix Media, we may keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements unless you elect not to receive such communications or wish to unsubscribe from them at any time by providing us with written notification.
We use information collected from cookies and other technologies, like pixel tags, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services. For example, by saving your language preferences, we’ll be able to have our services appear in the language you prefer.
Cultrix Media processes personal information on our servers in many countries around the world. We may process your personal information on a server located outside the country where you live and accordingly may be subject to compulsion of foreign courts or government orders.
Transparency and choice
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
Information you share or access
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexed by search engines and may remain on the Internet even if you delete the original posting. Accordingly you should exercise discretion in deciding what personal information or other content you share with others through use of our services. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
Accessing and updating your personal information
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it – unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Information we share
We use the information we collect to provide Cultrix Media Account holders with information on the engagement of those who access User Content. We do not provide individual personal audience information (outside of subscription data which is voluntarily provided by readers), but rather aggregated anonymous insight to how readers have consumed content. This may include the pages most read, time spent, zoom pattern, search terms and other engagement data. We provide these analytics through our own proprietary dashboards and through integrations with other third-party analytic platforms such as Google Analytics.
We do not share personal user information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of Cultrix Media unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent – We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cultrix Media when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- For legal reasons – We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Cultrix Media if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Cultrix Media, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
In the event that Cultrix Media is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, or undergoes a change of control or any form of sale or transfer of some or all of its assets, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from users as part of that merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
We work hard to protect Cultrix Media and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt some of our services using SSL.
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to Cultrix Media employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Some Of Our Clients